Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mt Tabor Art Walk

This weekend in Portland was the Mt Tabor Art Walk. Numerous Artists, be they print makers, painters, potters, gardeners, or photographers opened their homes, patios, studios, and gardens for the pure pleasure to enter and enjoy Art! Following the Art Beat Program on Channel 10 last Thursday, this was the perfect opportunity to collect that loved piece of art from an emerging or unrepresented artist. Mila Raphael was working on a piece from the last workshop she attended and had many guests tour her home and studio.
I visited several artists also in Chris Williams neighborhood. I have many more pictures of her garden I will process and post tomorrow. She had a friend selling Porcelain pottery on the Patio around back. I'm signed up to take the garden painting workshop there in July so I explored all the little paths and arches for possible painting compositions. It was a great day.
I noticed many folks walking or taking their bikes from one studio to the next. Perfect weather for an Art Walk. Hope you got a chance to enjoy this great neighborhood. Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!