Sunday, June 20, 2010

Art Meets Subject


I was checking out the prospectus for the Fall WSO transparent watercolor show and just did a little doodle of the juror, Karen Vernon. I had an idea last week for an abstract on a whole sheet but I looked on her website and she has no abstracts. In fact she a large concentration of floral paintings and I'm not a big flower painter. Change gears - landscape painting and possibly an abstract as the 2nd entry; As per Robert Burridge,"If it costs the same to enter two as it does one, enter two!". .....


I always loved this photo from a show when Lisa came to pose by her portrait. I was so surprised by the great likeness hence  title of post, Art Meets Subject.  Had a very busy fun week that I need to get pictures processed to show.  I gessoed a few pages in my sketch book in anticipation of Art Canvas Bar tomorrow night.  Later! How was your weekend?
 ...

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous portrait sketch! Karen has great lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see what Lisa looks like in person--that is one of my favorite paintings of yours--it shows your fearless color sense and your signature "economy" of strokes. Your paintings never look overworked--they are always reliably fresh and spontaneous. Love the juror sketch too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!